Senarai terbaru 20 terkaya di dunia
NEW YORK: Berikut senarai 20 orang terkaya di dunia 2009yang dikeluarkan Majalah Forbes hari ini:
1. Bill Gates (AS$40 bilion – Microsoft – Amerika Syarikat)
2. Warren Buffett (AS$37 bilion – Berkshire Hathaway – AS)
3. Carlos Slim dan keluarga (AS$35 bilion – Telecoms – Mexico)
4. Lawrence Ellison (AS$22.5 bilion) – Oracle – AS)
5. Ingvar Kamprad dan keluarga (AS$22 bilion – Ikea – Sweden)
6. Karl Albrecht (AS$21.5 bilion) – Aldi – Jerman)
7. Mukesh Ambani (AS$19.5 bilion) – petrokamia – India)
8. Lakshmi Mittal (AS$19.3 bilion) – besi – India
9. Theo Albrecht (AS$18.8 bilion) – Aldi – Trader Joe’s – Jerman
10. Amancio Ortega (AS$18.3 bilion) – Zara – Sepanyol)
11. Jim Walton (AS$17.8 bilion) – Wal-Mart, AS)
12. Alice Walton (AS$17.6 bilion) – Wal-Mart – AS)
13. Christy Walton dan keluarga (AS$17.6 bilion) – Wal-Mart, AS)
14. S. Robson Walton (AS$17.6 bilion) – Wal-Mart AS)
15. Bernard Arnault (AS$16.5 bilion) – LVMH – Perancis.
16. Li Ka-shing (AS$16.2 bilion) – Hong Kong.
17. Michael Bloomberg (AS$16 bilion) – Bloomberg, AS)
18. Stefan Persson (AS$14.5 bilion) – Hennes and Mauritz, Sweden)
19. Charles Koch, AS$14 bilion – pembuatan, tenaga – AS)
20 David Koch (AS$14 bilion) – pembuatan, tenaga – AS) – AFP
The fortunes of Malaysia’s 40 richest has gone down by RM75.6 billion from RM171.9 billion a year ago to RM96.30 billion as at January 16 amid the global stock market meltdown, according to a survey by Malaysian Business.
The magazine’s survey revealed that half of them recorded declines of 50 per cent with only 14 billionaires this time round, five short of last year.
Malaysian Business in its Feb 16 issue named “Sugar King” Tan Sri Robert Kuok as the richest Malaysian with a fortune of RM26.6 billion.
However, Kuok wealth which stood at a record of RM58.1 billion last year, had declined by RM31.5 billion.
His closest rival, T. Ananda Krishnan clocked in at RM20.1 billion.
At third-placed was Tan Sri Teh Hong Piow with a wealth of RM8.15 billion.
Meanwhile, Tan Sri Lee Shin Cheng was fourth with a fortune that has halved to RM7.4 billion.
Taking the fifth spot at RM4.5 billion, down from RM11.1 billion previously, was Tan Sri Quek Leng Chan.
Others in the top-10 ranking were Puan Sri Lee Kim Hua, widow of Genting group founder, Tan Sri Lim Goh Tong (RM3.5 billion), Tan Sri Syed Mokhtar Albukhary of the Albukhary Foundation (RM3.2 billion), Tan Sri Vincent Tan (RM1.8 billion), Tan Sri Tiong Hiew King of the Rimbunan Hijau Group (RM1.6 billion) and Tan Sri Azman Hashim of Amcorp group (RM1.4 billion).
The magazine said besides Genting’s Lee, the other new entrants in the richest list were siblings from the YTL group, Datuk Yeoh Soo Min and Datuk Yeoh Soo Keng.
AirAsia’s Datuk Kamarudin Meranun made a comeback to the list after a one year absence. — Bernama